The hide used for this headdress came from a fellow taxidermist whose customer didn’t skin it properly to be mounted. The hide was deemed unsuitable for taxidermy and was going to be thrown away.
This deer was just a spike buck when it was taken, so there were two small holes where the antlers were growing in. These have been patched up, giving the deer the appearance of a doe. I had planned to add antlers, but figured they’d be too cumbersome for this particular pelt. I will likely make another later on that will have antlers attached.
This headdresses is made using the whole hide minus the legskins. It has a lovely little tail on it and a beautiful rustic look. The hair is smooth and glossy, and the face has stunning markings, including a beautiful dark stripe down the muzzle.
Want it? Get it here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/94612181/full-pelt-genuine-whitetail-deer
- cutegirlswithtaxidermy reblogged this from naturepunk
- maninmink likes this
- seasonsofjanuary likes this
- ladyshebear reblogged this from naturepunk
- musicalbluestorm likes this
- dendropsyche reblogged this from serialjapist and added:
- dendropsyche likes this
- serialjapist reblogged this from naturepunk
- rc-hawkeye likes this
- zooophagous reblogged this from naturepunk
- thewolfwithinhim likes this
- scumbagdreamboat likes this
- naturepunk posted this